Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back from Vacation and March 8th Crossfit

So I really enjoyed my 10 days home with my wife and daughter. My wife has now lost about 15 pounds on Simply for life (and I believe I am over the 10 pound loss mark now) so we are very excited. During the past week, now that we are on transitional menu (weight loss menu is my interpretation of that) the food is amazing. We are really enjoying our pitas [Cajun pitas rock] and even the dinners seem a lot more "normal" that I was expecting.

Actually, writing this, I realize I really am eating all my favorite foods, all the time, in large portions. It really makes me realize how pointless all the other programs that made me eat small amounts of "counted" foods that I did not enjoy at all were. Sure I lost weight on them, but I always gained back 150% of it. The simply for Life plan really is success for life. Sure we might once and a while eventually really splurge and have that double layer chocolate cake, or the fries and burger combos, but overall, we would probably keep eating lean foods with plenty of veg, and also make the effort to eat three meals a day with a couple of snacks in between and not revert to one large caloric/fat/sodium massive feast every night before bed...(wow, how did I ever let myself do that anyway).

On the food issue, I bought a desert based cookbook from SFL that uses some pretty interesting alternatives to make sweet deserts that are "healthy". Well we tried the Brazil nut\coconut\honey chocolate bars and MAN-O-MAN.... OK ....BETTER THAN *** IF YOU GET MY DRIFT. Seriously, this desert is to die for, and not that bad for my body. Ive brought some back to saint john with me (imagine that too, we actually chose not to eat them all... that's new) to share with the winning GREEN K100 team - too bad the other team hides from us and says its their busy schedules. (PS the bars are in the picture).



The week away was good. Stuck strongly to the SFL plan (a few bites of something bad every now and then and a few extras sfl approved snacks some days) and I think I'm starting to lose weight again (was stagnant for a week and a bit there). I even ate out 4 times on SFL menus at Irving (B+ - salad not very fresh), Smitty's (B - loved mine, but my wife did jot like hers) and Jungle Jim's (A++ - amazing meal, filling and delicious).

Crossfit... well.... I'm only human. I planned on doing all this exercise when I was away but will be honest and admit that between time with family, a new tooth crown, a trip to the doctor to learn I have meralgia paraesthetica in my right leg (which will affect my running for a while), a new tooth crown for my wife and marking lots of midterms and assignments I did not do more than a half hour of exercise all week. oopppppppsssssssssssssiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee

Well last night was Crossfit and except for not being willing to do the running (leg thing) I really had a great time. I definitely weakened a bit while away, but not much and expect to be back on track by Friday. Looking forward to this week and all the fun it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment