Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Benchmarks Week 4ish - WOWSERS

OK, so its week 4 - 5 ish at Crossfit and that meas we are doing the 4 primary benchmark exercises (to exhaustion) to see how much we have improved. I just got off a 10 day "vacation" from exercise.....(OK, so i meant to do exercise---sue me).

My original results definitely did not impress me much (but at the time i was happy with them). They were 7 pulls up on band 4 [the bands help lift away some of your body weight and give some ease to the pull, I mean we can not be expected to just do them from scratch as beginners], 16 push ups on knees [I just felt then I could not do regular ones which are on your toes], 19 sit ups and 32 squats which totaled to 112 points.

You may recall my rant about the scoring system.. which i now formally recant as just not realizing that WE ALL CAN DO THESE THINGS. Negativity was so strong then with many of us, and now i see it was self-confidence that was the problem. But Mike knew we would get to the point of being able to do these things and do then often and well.

Well last night we pushed ourselves. I actually think I might have pushed the least of all the team, but I seem over sensitive about hurting my body right now due to the Meralgia Paresthetica I have developed. Even then, however, I was personally amazed at my results (and my team mates, but those are secret right now).

For the pull ups I used a 3 band with an addition 2 band which is probably a bit similar to the 4 I used before. the result was 23 pull ups which really blew away my previous results.

On push ups I decided to give it a go on my toes. I really wanted to not say that I needed to be on my knees. I was right. They might not have been pretty and fast, but I managed 21 of them before I could not get my arms to lift my weight up any more. 21 is more than I thought possible and hats off to Mike from Crossfit who made me do a few more at the end until even he saw I was done.

OK next was squats, and last time this was my greatest triumph - 31. Well this time the medicine balls were below us to make sure we were going low enough, and I can honesty say Holy Sh**. 200 times my ass hit that ball before i said thats it. A few minutes later I think I could have done another 50, but at that time I needed to stop. Next time I won't stop and will pace myself a little better.

Finally cam sit ups, which are, in my opinion, the exercise everyone knows about and hates. So many people see them as a real test of fitness for common everyday people. Well last time I astounded myself with 19 sit ups and was excited to have done that many (tried hard to get #20 but did not happen). Last night I managed to get 102. thats right one-hundred-and-two. WOW.

so that gives me a new score of 571 which is an increase of 409% or 409 points. If I can keep this momentum, K100 Silver team does not stand a chance.

Bring it on. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAABBBBYYYYYYYYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment