Friday, March 26, 2010

Thursday March 25th - Deadlifts and Double Unders

So not only did I lose 4.7 pounds this week (by going to Crossfit 5 days out of 7 and following the SFL meal plan) but Crossfit today was great.

It was deadlift/double unders day. This is the type of day I really enjoy as we learn about technique more than just push push push (don't get me wrong, there was lots of push in this one). The deadlift is basically lift up using only your legs a dumbbell (no-- not my older brother). The weight prescribed as a little high for new people, but Mike felt 135 pounds was a manageable level for us....

ummm.... Mike... 135 is a large number... but OK then....

So do 10 lifts, then do 150 skips with a skipping rope (each double under - rope under your feet twice per jump - counts as 3 skips). The repeat this 5 times. So I was very happy with my results today. I managed the 135 with very few issues (really focusing on technique) and did make it through the 750 skips with about 15 double unders thrown in --- 1 at a time except twice I managed two in a row. Worked up a good sweat doing this (sweat is weakness leaving the body) and felt good enough afterwards to try a 165 set of deadlifts which were tough, but I did manage.

So loving the fact that I seem to not only be getting slimmer and slimmer but stronger and stronger. I no longer cringe at pull ups (I still cringe at push ups) and really look forward to going to Crossfit everyday they are open.

Size wise... I am shrinking for sure. The two teaching jackets I bought to "just fit" in September when I started back at UNB Saint John now swim on me and to quote some of my students "wear like a robe". I was 60 inches around at my gut before and now I'm about 44-45. My waist has dropped about 4 inches now to the point where very soon I will have to break down and buy some new pants or risk the "fall down" even with belts.... Overall not a bad problem to have.

On top of this, SFL and Crossfit have really mentally made me realize its not hard to be healthy. I just have to want it. AND I DO. So I will be keeping this up until i get from my original weight of 260 (now 212) to a healthy weight of around 165-175.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment