Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 Days of Crossfit and Simply for Life Results

OK, so with only a week to go in the Resolution Solution contest, I have been very busy lately (not to mention the end of the University terms is approaching fast).

On Tuesday I went to Crossfit and the workout was probably one of my most rewarding. No it did not leave me gasping, or sore, but it left me feeling great about my accomplishments. The workout was about strength so involved clean squats (or something to that name effect) which means take a barbell with weights and 5 times lift it from ground into a squat, pause then stand up bringing the weight to your neck line. So the week before, in a similar lesson I had managed to lift 75 pounds which made me real happy. I had tried 85 but struggled. This day I managed not only the 85 pounds, but also to do 5 reps of 95 pounds.

the next day was FGB - fight gone bad named and designed around how you should feel after you exert the energy you would in an ultimate fighting match. There are 5 exercises set up - wall balls, sumo high pulls (or something to that name), box jumps, push presses and rowing. This workout is exactly 17 minutes. As soon as the clock starts, you start exercise number 1 counting how many reps you manage. Then as soon as the next minute hits, your move to the next exercise (and your minute is already going down in time). After 5 minutes (i.e. one of each exercise) you get a minute rest. Then "rinse and repeat" until you have done three rounds in total. The score is the total number of reps done where rowing counts as calories burned (the rower tells you this number). I scored 165 which I really don't know if that's respectable or not, but except for lowering the wall ball medicine ball weight from 20 pounds to 16 pounds to 10 pounds, I managed to do both other weight lifting components at the prescribed 85 pounds and the box jumps at the prescribed 24 inches.

I was beat afterwards of course, but also ecstatic about my willingness to do the prescribed numbers (mostly).

then this morning (Thursday) I weighed in and had lost 4.7 more pounds bringing my 7 week total to over 19 pounds. WOOO HOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment