Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Widowmaker


OK, so sitting in your office, excited to go to Crossfit Saint john (www.crossfitsaintjohn.ca) and then seeing that the daily workout is called the WIDOWMAKER is not a great feeling.

The workout was in effect 300 reps of basic fundamentals. Overall a great idea but all in a row looked kinda tiring. then seeing people that normally blow my times out of the water post times like 44 minutes made me realize i might need a sleeping bag to finish this one before leaving the gym.

I have to admit a strong desire not to go to the gym once I saw what the workout entailed, but I really believe that the first "no go" is the hardest and then it get all too easy to keep it up. So despite some facebook humming and hawing, I went. three of the 5 Green team members did actually (and the other two wanted to go I am sure).

Thank Zeus (my new fav expression) that Mike was in a forgiving mood and only made us do one of two prescribed rounds (hence only 150 reps). I managed in 23ish minutes to do 10 handstand push ups, 20 box jumps, 30 pull ups, 40 sit ups, 50 double unders (OK, I substituted 150 single unders), 10 knees to elbows (in one hang), 20 dips, 30 burpies (OK, I subbed 30 50lb kettle bell swings due to an increasingly sore rib that keeps reoccurring for me), 40 sit ups (foot weighted) and 50 squats. Once again, thank the gods Mike agrees to only one round for us.

Well tonight's work out looks good too, so more tomorrow.

ps: had fun visiting steph at work on Saturday.. great t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment