Thursday, March 11, 2010

Simply for Life... Bruce??????

You know, just because he is amazingly successful and just because Mexico is so inviting, does that really mean Bruce should pawn my SFL meeting this week on someone else.... oh yeah, that's right, its not all about me.

Well now more about me.

Weighed in today. I get lower weights at home, so its really time to stop looking at my home scales and start waiting for the SFL weigh ins as it annoys me when I weight at home [220.0] drive to SFL and weight [221.6]. Well I guess I did add 4 egg whites, 2 clementines and a large Tim's (winner #4 this week) to my body, but 1.6 difference? hmmmmm

Actually the weight today 221.6 is one I should be very happy about. It means 10.2 pound loss since starting SFL (no mum, i did not cut of my useless brain holding head!!!!!). Considering I was stagnant at 231 for almost 2 months before starting SFL while trying to lose weight it proves to me that the SFL way of life (not a diet for sure) really works. Lori (my loving wife back in Nova Scotia) has now lost 20 pounds on the SFL plan without incorporating any additional physical activities (missing out on a few normal ones too ...nudge nudge wink wink).

Big news today is the mid-contest Crossfit results. Keep in mind that its really about about personal gain and not about killing K100 Silver team (is killing too harsh a term...nahhhhhh). Well originally when we first tested, K100 Silver 9missing a member) had a lead of more than 100% our combined team score. AND BOY DID WE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. We thought as a team (or at least a few of us did) that we could never ever catch up to them while both teams were improving. We requested a new scoring system and everything.

Boy were we whiners...

now I think we must revert to the original scoring system as SFL and crossfit have both proved to the listeners team that we can do it. The new results are at

http://crossfitsaintjohn.ca/?page_id=570

and our team improved our score by more than enough not only to catch up with the K100 Silver team, but also to now be beating them by 300+ (by my re-calculation due to a simple error on the table 700+) points. WOWSERS

SO ANYWAY, needless to say, we are all pumped and really can not wait to see what the next 4 weeks brings. For me, I want to work hard on my push ups and pull ups to get my numbers on those two categories into triple digits if I can.

wow.. never thought I would say that

No comments:

Post a Comment