Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Resolution Solution - Week (-1)

Ok, so I decided to keep a journal here of whats happening in my attempt at the Resolution Solution.



For those that don't know, I entered and won the opportunity to be on the "Green" team (listeners only) of K100's Resolution Solution Contest (did i mention K100 is tops). This is a chance to keep the eat healthier and live healthier promise we always make to ourselves each new years. It includes an 8 week membership to Simply for Life and an 8 week membership to Crossfit Saint John... not to mention the chance to beat (and get to know) some great K100 people (on and offline)


So introductory session was nice (even if cold). The SFL crew seems great and really addressed whats important to me.. food planning and life control. Ill have my first consult with them this friday. Have to say im nervous. I mean can I manage what they recommend? Will i have the "will".... And can i eat and or prepare enough for this program.

The crossfit team seems great too (ok,maybe a little nuts). I think mike talks more than I do if thats even possible. I have always had a strong resistance to exercise.. usually its the concept of not knowing what to do and just being told lots of opinions. I want a person (or group) to take control of me in a gym and tell me what to do, when, how hard ad how long.... seems crossfit might finally be the place for me... im dedicated to do it (very time consuming though) and want to make my self healthier for my girls as well as to help make them healthier. Felt silly asking what a burpe is... perhaps being academically deemed too smart to need gym was not a good life choice (of course, there were other reasons i wanted to avoid gym)

current: (Nkd)Weight = 231; Waste is 42-44 (no tape). I'm sure i'll have better measurements later in the week.


more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment