Tuesday, February 9, 2010

CrossFit: Fundamentals Day #(-3)

OK.. So yesterday (little late on this blog) was Day 2 of the food plan, and except for wishing I had made my optional evening snack and the fact that I did not get a Tea early in the day (thus migraine medication needed) the food was fine (and enjoyable)....

Last night was Crossfit Day #(-3) (fundamentals session #1). I was really excited about going to this session..partly to see what we were going to learn, partly to see everyone (yes, even the evil K100 team of titans) and partly to get active as I am aware at how much activity will help in my Resolution to get healthy (and lose my belly).

OK, so I'm blogging this the next morning and when the radio started this morning, Jay was saying that this morning, its not sore (OK, a twinge in my arms maybe) but it embarrassing to struggle so much with the workout - well the warm-up actually.

That right, we spent the night learning some of the basic moves from the warm up. I'm actually quite impressed with the move (and especially the "trainers") as it focused on flexibility -- something I need to focus on. The original move had me trying to arch my back forward as I squatted. OK with a gut my size for as long as I can remember, I somehow don't recall every trying to push that part of my body forward (sucked it in a lot). As a result I struggled immediately as my muscles found it hard to push in that direction.

Push up - challenging... sit ups - OK but gut is not a helpful tool on this one... jumping pull ups - kinda cool and I would not mind being able to do these well and tell people

Well embarrassment aside it was a good evening. Dinner (pork) was delicious) and not onto day #3/(-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment