Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CrossFit - The first full Workout

OK, so I'm blogging this the morning after as I wanted to see how I felt the "morning after".

Last night was the first "full workout" at Crossfit. It was only three of us from the K100 Listeners Team (so where are the K100 workers gone anyway??? I bet they are scared of us) which was a nice feature for sure. The warm up is getting better and better. Not easier mind you, but I definitely feel that I'm pushing it more and more each day and getting better and faster at it. I was definitely sweating a bit at the end of the warm up.

The actual even was a personal race called 10 to 1. There are three "events" to this challenge - push ups, floor wipers and rowing. Once the time starts, you perform in order 10 of each of the three events - 10 push ups, 10 wipers and 10 calories of rowing. Then your on 9, so do 9 of each. Continue this until you finish the 1 of each and then energetically yell time and pass out.

OK, so not quite pass out, but did I ever mention how much I hate push-ups, and as a mathematicial knowing that we would do n(n+1)/2 = 55 push up was not a pleasant start. Actually, It was meant to be bench presses, but that was not possible last night so the evil push ups it was. Well It was not easy, but I made it through in about 26.5 minutes. Considering I don't normally do this type of stuff, I was quite happy with this, and I know I lost a lot of time on the push ups as I really do struggle with them.

I was very sore driving home though. Probably should have stretched out my arms more as it hurt on my right arm to hold the steering wheel. But this morning I seem OK except for a little "weirdness" feeling in the arms.. dead like - but not sore.

Can not wait for Thursday night, and maybe Saturday morning if the gym is open (they were not sure when I asked due to PEI challenge). Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment