Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crossfit Fundamentals Day #(-2)

So today is day 3 of SFL cleansing menu #1 for me and it seems to be going well.

Of course other than not being hungry I'm not sure what "well" means as Bruce made me promise not to step on the scales (grrrrr). Weight aside, I have had good energy levels and actually feel more concentrated at work. My wife Lori got her menu yesterday and she is quite pleased to see that it is smaller portions than I have and feels it is very manageable (once she gets home on Wednesday as she needs the kitchen to cook and prepare her week. This will mean that my life gets harder as there is no one to help me cook my meals now (love you Lori). My solace is that the one item on my menu Lori really wanted on hers was not there this week.

Lunch was still very big. Eating at a comfortable pace in my office it took a few minutes over an hour to eat everything (I have never been a fast eater). For me this is a lot of food, but I am enjoying the food for the most part (80%?). I had to make a substitution as I had pork left over and my menu called for fish, but I kept the rest of the meal the same and just swapped the evening pork in my meal for the fish in the lunch meal and vice versa (not swapping anything else though). I mean seriously, we have to do what we can.... with what we have... in the time that we got.

Mid afternoon snack was a Metamucil Fiber Cinnamon Wafer. Lori found a few other types (including chocolate) that I will be asking Bruce about as I am not a strong Cinnamon fan but when I tried it I really liked them. Tomorrow I try the apple which Steph says is not so enjoyable. Dinner (haddock and salad with only 2 tbsp fat free Italian dressing) was very enjoyable. Especially after Crossfit

Crossfit tonight was better. I still struggle with a few of the warm ups (or at least I want to do much better at them) but I did feel my squats were better than yesterday. I realize its a lot of "weight movement" training but I assume any activity that builds muscles might reduce my gut (its about a 42 now). I will say that unlike yesterday, today I pushed a little harder and I know I will be sore in the morning -- lots of sweat and feeling it already (maybe the assistant trainer was cuter? Shirley might agree). Maybe tomorrow I'll take my gym clothes and try the UNBSJ gym since I don't get crossfit again until Thursday. At least run the warm up a few times for practice.. without the bar most likely and then maybe a little bike time as I do enjoy riding the stationary bikes too.

Mike keeps telling us he worries he talks too much as he so wants everything to be safe. I think one big fear I have had before is hurting myself so i am excited when i know he is there to make sure I'm not the stupid one. I also like that he loves the program (I teach people - love what you do.. or don't do it). Its cool too that there is a little "adult" banter as we all get more comfortable with each other so that it becomes easier to relax.

til tomorrow (14 hours at work tomorrow.. food will be hard and microwaved (turkey in oven now)

No comments:

Post a Comment