Friday, February 5, 2010

First Nutrition Visit

Ok, so went for my first Nutrition visit with Bruce Sweeney. I think that I'm really going to like this guy (and his wife and whole team too....well maybe not mike).

I think I know (as we all do) what Bruce knows and I think of him right now as my coach. Eat healthy, eat often, eat right... and ask questions when you have them. He had some good advice for me..

1) tea is OK - [well OK i have to cut to skim milk but in tea that's not even a problem... drinking skim milk is not my fave though].

2) EAT.. as simple as it sounds, its my biggest problem. I mean i showed up for my consolation and it had been approximately 16 hours since I ate anything (cup of tea excused of course). So i know i need to eat more.. yet i never do.. hence weight gain. So perhaps once I get my menu (scared what it might be actually but trying not to get over nervous about it - that's a trigger for me.. nerves) i will do my best to eat at the right frequencies (stats!!!!).

3) STOP weighing yourself. OK, so I have a fixation with numbers (hence PHD in Mathematical CS and a teaching load in Statistics). I weight myself.... oh i dunno. three maybe four times... per day. Seriously i do.. i know its not going to change but i get excited if its do from 5 minutes ago (and i know its random fluctuations in the variable too).

So looking forward to my menu.. need to hit grocery store but waiting for the menu on that too.... and to all those that say eating healthy is too $$$$.. add up what you normally eat is what i say

1 comment:

  1. I have actually noticed that my grocery bill has gotten smaller since my college eating habits have dissolved. My friend told me that to eat healthier you shop on the outside of the grocery store, because it's the inner isles that have all that processed crap. :P I'm enjoying your blogs Jeff, informative and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete